I love when there’s just the perfect amount of wind to accompany my blacktie sessions. It adds that element of movement and life to so many shots which makes me so happy. And then if I luck out with a fantastic sunset over the lake, well I’m totally peachy. Heidi, Mitch & Mother Nature planned just such a session which I’m excited to share with you today. The Brigham City temple has stumped me at times trying to find an angle I like, but each time I shoot there I discover a new little gem. It’s such a beautiful, classic temple which matched these two perfectly. I wish them all the best on their upcoming August wedding!
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Monday, July 21, 2014
My best friend turned 30 today!
I could sum things up briefly by saying he’s my everything in life and the reason I dream big. Instead, I’m going to take the longer route and tell you 30 things I love about Jordan Le Frandsen in no particular order other than how they randomly pop into my head.
1. At bedtime, he lets me warm up my ice cold feet on him all winter long.
2. If he doesn’t have early morning meetings, he keeps the kids out of my room and lets me sleep in on the weekends.
3. He’ll take my crazy kids to run errands like it’s no sweat.
4. He always comes home from work with a smile.
5. He writes me love letters instead of buying me stuff that’s just stuff.
6. Whenever we travel together, he drives even when he’s tired so I don’t have to.
7. He always takes the “first” shift when our babies need to be fed at night, even when there’s only one shift.
8. He lets me decorate the house however I want.
9. He makes me laugh every day.
10. He’s an amazing example of a Priesthood holder.
11. He’s always willing to serve others whenever needed, with a smile.
12. When I’m hungry late at night he’ll make me homemade tortillas if I ask.
13. He likes country music.
14. He speaks Russian.
15. Whenever I leave a huge pile of clean laundry on our bed, he sorts/folds it without being asked.
16. I love the way he laughs out loud at the tvs shows he watches while folding above said laundry.
17. He’s happy to cook dinner when I’ve had a long day.
18. He learned how to grill meat just the way I like.
19. He loves to read.
20. He has a beautiful smile.
21. He sticks to our monthly budget without complaint.
22. He loves my body no matter its current shape or size.
23. He doesn’t care how I dress because he likes me better naked anyway.
24. He’s willing to take family pictures yearly.
25. He’s almost too patient.
26. He makes choices based on what’s best for our family not what’s best for him.
27. He loves me the way that I need to be loved.
28. He doesn’t get mad if I use his toothbrush.
29. His optimism is the perfect balance to my “realisim”.
30. He holds my hand whenever he can.
Happy Birthday my Jorge! I’m so lucky you were born and that I get to keep you fovever. Thanks for letting me take your picture and be your wife.
Monday, July 14, 2014
When Kohleen asked me to photograph her wedding, she also assured me that she wanted me to be a guest and friend that day as well. She has another dear friend named Elizabeth who’s also a photographer, so between the two of us, we were able to split the days photography duties so to speak, which allowed both of us to be more present. I loved that Elizabeth shot film so Kohleen will have such a unique colletion of photographs when they’re all gathered together. My main job was to capture what happened at the temple and then the details of her wedding reception. Elizabeth shot candids, but I couldn’t help myself from grabbing a few anyway. I am so drawn to people and moments, especially when my kids are running around the reception What a beautiful and fun day it was!
Monday, July 7, 2014
Though at times it’s felt like they had mountains to climb, with long distances & regulations keeping them apart, Jenny has found her Jack and in the end, the uphill battle will have been well worth the wait! Jenny asked if we could photograph her engagements at the location where my recent family picture was taken and for so many reasons I think it was absolutely the right choice!